Thursday, March 7, 2013

The road to the Kontinuum Corset: Part One

As usual on my journey to a place called Completed Creation I decided to take a detour and go the scenic route. This decision brought me straight back Preparatory Lane. I was already expecting my Kontinuum Corset trip to be a moderately lengthy one, so happily this doesn't set me back any. Initially I was planning on heading down to Flossing Sampler Way so I could figure out the direction I'd most like to go then heading straight for the Kontinuum Corset. As I started heading over to Flossing Sampler way something occurred to me... I think I've taken my travel metaphor as far as I'm going to for now... anyway, I finished boning the fabric for the sampler when the fact  that I still had no dressmaker's carbon surfaced yet again in my brain. I put the fabric for the sampler aside and set off again on trying to find transfer solution. As I was at the computer doing research I took that opportunity to resize, edit an print my logo. I decided to try making a stencil and while it wasn't a total fail it definitely isn't a method I'll use again. Once the stencil was made I needed too test it on something and that something; my took case. I transferred the design using my stencil and a white marking pencil and white chalk. The design wasn't transferred as perfectly as I would have liked. And because the fabric is handled a lot while being embroidered I've already had to go over the design again with my marking implements. I figure maybe I could try reprinting the stencil and perhaps use an exacto knife. That way maybe the lines would be smoother and as the fabric I'll be working with for the corset is bright white I'll be able to use regular mechanical pencil to trace that should help to further the likelihood if smooth lines and fix the problem of my marks slowly disappearing as I work.
Because I went to all the trouble with the stencil and tracing it only made sense to go ahead and start embroidering the logo so I can see how badly out of practice I am and to give me a chance to finalize the colour placement. Additionally it will help get my fingers in shape before undertaking the task of flossing and embroidering a whole corset. So here's where I'm at so far and I'd love to finish this up and start on the flossing sampler today.

No comments:

Post a Comment